Sunday, August 9, 2009

EARTHQUAKE!!!

Since we've been in Japan, we've felt quite a few quakes and tremors. I'd say about 2 or so per month. At first, we were a little surprised, like "whoa, I think we just had an earthquake!" when we felt our first tremor or two. Then, it got to the point where we would feel it, yawn, and wait for it to pass. I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised, I mean we ARE on the Ring of Fire here, but growing up in the Pacific Northwest USA, I've been through less than 5 earthquakes that I can remember. Anyways, tonight we felt a bigger and longer quake. It started like all the others, but kept going, and shaking harder. Then our apartment started to sway a little. Tessa and I just kind of looked at each other like "uh, ok, is it going to stop soon?" It felt like we were in a subway car. It eventually subsided, but if it had gotten any worse, I would've dove under the crappy little table we have. Everything is fine though, at least here, no harm done. Early reports having the quake being between 6.9 to 7.1 in magnatude, off the East coast of Japan, sorta by Tokyo. Hope everything is OK there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment