Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy Accidents

Yay for happy accidents! Tessa and I were driving through Itako (a town near where we live) looking for an Italian restaurant to got to for Tessa's birthday. We did find the restaurant (though it's unclear whether or not it is currently open for business, I guess we'll find out later) but we somehow also found an amazingly beautiful field of flowers. We didn't even know it existed, but apparently it is free for people to walk through, enjoy, and pick! The weather was nice, and we had a very pleasant stroll among the flowers (that we don't know the name of). Pictures below:







Guarded by Japanese scarecrows!






The flowers that we brought home. And yep, that classy vase was a $3 bottle of wine.

2 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I posted on here but I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I guess my flight is delayed heading back to Seattle from San Jose, another trip to visit the fabulous Becky Younger : ) and I'm seeing we have an incoming storm that I'm told recently rocked your island out west and now it's hitting us. I hope all is well and tell Tessa that if shes having a hankering for more sweets just let me know : ) love you guys and miss you to death! Half way done : )

    love,

    brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris and Tessa! You probably figured this out already, but those pretty pink (and tall) flowers in the field are Cosmos - I have grown them here in Seattle, too. Very nice!

    Happy Day!
    Love you lots,
    Aunt Sharon Holt
    P.S. Mr and Mrs Brittany and Travis Warren were married on the beach in Kaui yesterday - we are all VERY surprised (they secretely eloped) and VERY PLEASED to hear the wonderful news! Thought you might want to know what's up with cousins in the homeland...

    ReplyDelete