Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sunset Over Lake Kasumigaura

I think we've mentioned before, but in case we haven't, we live next to the second largest lake in Japan. Unfortunately, it's dirty and polluted and you can't swim in it, but it does make for some nice scenery. I remember one time in class, the Japanese teacher asked a student (in English) "Do you want to swim in Lake Kasumigaura?" The purpose being to teach the grammar point of "Do you want to ~ ?" The student gave him a look that seemed to say "I'm not swimming there, you're crazy!" I know a lot of people go fishing there, so I asked the teacher if people ate the fish from there, and he said "Uhh, it is...possible...but uh...I don't want to. It would depend on how hungry you are." So there you go. Anyways, now that Tessa and I are on winter vacation (fuyu yasumi) we need excuses to get out of the apartment (at least before our big trip to Tokyo) for some fresh air, and the lake is a nice enough area to walk, especially right before sunset. See below:

That is a small Shinto (I believe) shrine. You see small shrines like this by the road all over the place.

The Rainbow Tower, Namegata's only claim to fame. It's also pretty boring inside.

This was spray painted on a wall under a bridge. I have no idea why.




Nice shot of the light reflecting off the bridge. It's the best I can do with the crappy 5.0 mega pixel no zoom digital camera we have. That's all for now, we leave for Tokyo on the morning of the 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment