Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Home Stretch is in Sight

We got a lot of moving things done yesterday, packing took a load down to the dump and a load down to our storage unit. Hopefully today we can get the last of our "big" things out of the apartment, i.e. a couple boxes, the mattress, one TV, a coffee table and an end table. We have less time today because I have to pick up my work Visa at the Japanese Consulate, teach my last class for SCT, switch vehicles with Tessa's dad, and drive up to Everett for dinner with my dad. At this point, we're shooting to have everything done by Thursday. Every day, we keep getting closer and closer...

On Sunday my mother threw a going away party for me. It was really a lot of fun, and it was great to see so many family members that I haven't seen in awhile. Everyone was so supportive of our trip. There was also a huge spread of yummy food that I am sure to miss in Japan.

Well, time now to take a shower and get ready for another long day...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris & Tessa,

    It was nice to see you Sunday, and yes it's been like a decade since we last saw one another.
    Debra said the exact phrase I believe.
    I've been looking around the web to read about other people with experiences teaching English in Japan, they're mostly positive and enlightening. I'm sure you will realize and report the same eventually.
    I'll keep an eye on this blog and the TRM HD.

    Eddie....

    ReplyDelete