Tuesday, March 3, 2009

24 Days to go!!!

In some ways, I wish the trip was here already. The anticipation is getting too much to handle. However, looking at the list of things we have to do in those 24 days makes me glad we have them. I don't know how it will all happen. I may start praying for heavenly assistance.

We're still waiting for our visas to show up. I'm watching the mail like a crazy woman, but it doesn't seem to hurry anything up. I guess watched pots and all that. . .

I may be vigilant about visas, but for packing up the apartment? That's a different story. I know it needs to be done, but it's going to be such a big chore that it's starting to loom over me like a black cloud of doom. I think I'm also nervous and a little sad to pack up our life that we've built together in our apartment. Obviously we'll still live together in Japan, but in the beginning we're not going to have much and the apartment there is going to be tiny and barren. But there's something to be said for de-cluttering your life to such a degree - we're going to take only the essentials with us, so it'll be a lesson in undoing our own materialistic tendencies.

Before I go, I'll leave you with this short youtube video. It was produced by our employer, the Heart English School, to entice young college grads like ourselves into moving to Japan to teach.

Enjoy the songs, they're my favorite ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-akA3FXF5B0

No comments:

Post a Comment